I Wanna LIVE!!!
Reinvent isn’t just the title of my blog. It is who I became in 2010.I was lost, scared, drifting; I needed to reinvent who I was as a person. I was failing as a girlfriend, drowning in PPD, horrible as a mother, and lost as a person. I needed to reinvent myself. It was a desperate attempt to understand who I needed to become in order to figure out my life. That is how I reinvented myself. Looking back I accomplished a lot of what I wanted. Right now I’m in a good spot.
This year my word is moving me forward. I want to live. Most of my time is spent looking inward, towards the past, or somewhere in the future and although it is a large part of who I often find myself forgetting to see what is in front of me. I get caught up in the what ifs, I let myself be held back by my shyness, and often I miss out on what I want to do. Don’t get me wrong I have done a ton of amazing, fun, and fabulous things but I need to do it on a more regular basis.
This year I’m challenging myself to live. To stay in the moment, to be less shy, and go forward on things I have been putting off. So this year I’m going to:
- Make at least one new friend in Seattle and one blogger friend.
- Try one new thing a month.
- Finally explore Buddhism.
- Go after my dream job even if that means I need to create it on my own.
- Take at least 3 trips even if it is just a small road trip.
- Splurge and buy something that I would never normally.
Pretty exciting on my end. What about you? What is the word that you want to live by in 2011?