Reading This Will Make You Gain 10 Pounds
My weight loss is going…well it’s going somewhere. Where that somewhere is depends on how my body is feeling when I try to weigh it. I have been working out. Mainly 2 hours of intense dance class a week, light walking 3 times a week, and WiiFit and Fit TV when I have the time. No fast food although I did cheat quit a bit this weekend (Jack in the Box, Taco Bell, and McDonald’s breakfast). Yes, that’s a lot, but considering I’ve eaten fast food 6 times this year I’m happy.
This morning I turned on the TV and saw this: Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger! WTF?! Really, oh yes. The though alone put me into cardiac arrest. It got me thinking about why we have health problems and I decided to put together a list. Yes, a list of things that will make you gain 10 pounds. Just as a warning you may want to have a hospital room booked for bypass surgery after reading this.
So, here goes. My list of things that is wrong with this country (or why would anyone eat this?)
1. Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger: Yes, a cheeseburger on a bun made out of a Krispy Kreme doughnut. If that doesn’t stop your heart for an extra dollar at the Wisconson State Fair you can add-on to it a slice of bacon covered in chocolate. The burger is a measly 1,000 calories without the bacon I’m assuming. As one patron put it “It’s good! It’s different. Kind of a little salty and sweet all at once.” Sorry, but I think I will pass.
2. Fried Butter Balls: I have heard about them at a fair in Texas and now Paula Deen has her own receipt for them on the Food Network’s site. What do they consist of? Well, let me indulge you. First add 2 sticks of butter to 2 sticks of cream cheese. Stir in some salt and pepper, bread crumbs, flour and an egg than fry in peanut oil. Most of the comments on the site were appalled by this, but as one commenter stated “These are great, Paula! You rock! I just love to see the comments from do-gooders. They think they will live longer because they eat a salad – that’s goat food!” After reading that receipt I never wanted a celery stick more in my life.
3. Deep Fried Coca-Cola: Okay, it’s time someone takes away our privilege to deep fry. I know that I should be disgusted by this but I’m more intrigued. How do you deep fry soda? I didn’t know it possible! How it is made is, um clever? Really, I don’t know the words to use. First deep-fry Coca-Cola-flavored batter then drizzle Coke fountain syrup on it. Finally top with whipped cream, cinnamon sugar and a cherry. Moving on…
4. Deep Fried Cheesecake: Just to be fair Americans don’t corner the market on clogging their arteries. No, our friends to the north had this at the Calgary Stampede. And once again Paula Deen is making this list with her own receipt for this. I don’t even know where to start with this. All of the comments on Paula’s receipt love it. I will take their word.
5. Deep Fried Snickersbar: Really? Maybe I should state that I’m not a dan of snickers in the first place. Way to much sugar for me, but frying it and topping with sugar doesn’t really sound good. Maybe I should check to see if Paula has a receipt.
Okay, I’m done. Just thinking about these foods make me feel disgusting. Now I’m going to down a gallon of water and turn on FitTv. Would you eat any of these? Have you tried any of them?